by Joe Nunziata
On October 15th at the Pelham Country Club from 4 to 7pm, you can be a part of celebrating a milestone year for the Rotary Club of the Pelhams. Founded in 1947, the primary mission of the Pelham Rotary is to provide programs, projects and events that continue to enhance the lives of individuals and families throughout our community… and beyond. Particularly children.
In 2017, its 70th year in existence, in addition to supporting medical missions that provide life-saving surgeries to children in underdeveloped countries, and hosting visiting children in need of these same life-saving surgeries, The Pelham Rotary has supported and sponsored the following local initiatives in this banner year:
• Calvary Hospital’s Bereavement Programs for Children & Teens
• Mentally & Physically Challenged Hockey Team- the New York Raptors
• Maria Fareri’s Children’s Hospitals’ Child Life & Creative Arts Therapy Program
• Free CPR Courses to the Pelham Middle School and High School
• Scholarship Awards
• Salvation Army’s After-School Programs and Snacks for Elementary School Students
• Picnic for Developmentally Disabled (joint event with New Rochelle & Larchmont Rotary Clubs)
The fundraiser is one of the most unique events in Town, known as “Tastings”. This year, Tastings XIII will once again be a “gastronomical” three-hour, non-stop event that will include a wide selection of different culinary treats from local restaurants… wonderful wines and beers to not only sample, but also to enjoy full-pours… and live entertainment provided by the fabulous Pelham Jazz Ensemble…
All for just $100 (tax-deductible!)
So please log onto www.pelhamrotary.com and reserve you place for Pelham Rotary’s Tastings XIII…on Sunday, October 15th from 4 to 7pm at the Pelham Country Club, to help our Rotary help our children … around the corner and around the world!