Pelham Celebrates Random Acts
of Kindness Day with Care
On Thursday, February 17th, The Pelham Chamber of Commerce in partnership with Meridian Risk Management and Meridian Realty Consultants celebrated their second annual National Random Acts of Kindness Day. With a goal of bringing the community together, Meridian President, Joe Solimine, offered a generous allowance to each local Chamber member to execute random acts of kindness to customers throughout the day.
Over twenty local businesses took advance of this opportunity, and the day was a great success in Pelham. Kicking off the morning, John “JP” Tripp of Strategies for Wealth offered free specialty coffees throughout the day at local Pelham Manor bakery, Flour Power. Owners, Lauren and Miranda also made special heart shaped chocolate treats for anyone that stopped by that day. Other acts of kindness included:
• Patty Pops displayed a kindness board with redeemable paid tickets for treats.
• Sue’s Corner gave away gifts for all ages to anyone that stopped by and also surprised Girl Scout Troops with personalized gifts.
• Richard’s Gift Shop offered a special Pelham gift to anyone that spent $100 or more.
• Tig & Peach gave away red balloons.
• Sheri Silver raffled “cozy home” gifts, also purchased Decicco & Sons gift cards and surprised a handful of customers while checking out.
• Cantina Lobos offered pay it forward drinks and The Chamber also surprised a few lucky guests with free drinks.
• Pelham Art Center gave away 30 Carnival Mask Kits in time for Mardi Gras.
• Premier Music Studio, LLC raffled off $100 to one of their enrolled students.
• Vincents Fine Jewelry gave away Patty Pops.
• Peace Street Co. offered $10 off. (etsy.com/shop/PeaceStreetCo)
• SOOP Theatre Company awarded one lucky Pelham business a free ad in their upcoming program guide.
• Ecopel activated an environmentally-themed giveaway on Facebook and Instagram.
• Paper Pigeon Co. offered discounts on their Etsy store and gave away beautiful stationery at Patty Pops and The Pelham Library.
• Pencil Projects Architecture Studio PLLC hosted a social campaign and dropped off some pencils to their loyal customers.
• The Lair gave away free comics at Dani Lee’s Helping Hand and Wise Hardware.
• Shoreline Publishing offered one free ad to a fellow local business.
• DaniLee’s Helping Hands Inc. organized the Pelham Youth to collect thank you cards for teachers. DaniLee’s Helping Hands Inc. handed out bubbles, candy and comic books.
• Michael Lamy Graphic Designs gave away stickers at DeCiccio & Sons Pelham.
• And lastly, Depot Dave Catering, Caffe Ammi and Four Corners Pizzeria worked together to surprise Pelham Manor and Pelham Village’s Police, Fire and DPW with catered lunches to thank them for all their hard work making Pelham a safe and wonderful place to live.
Pelham Chamber President, Cristina Chianese, shared her thoughts on the day. “Random Acts of Kindness is one of my favorite events. It’s extremely rewarding to work with the local businesses to come up with clever ideas to recognize the community. When you think of the value proposition of shopping locally, it’s concepts like RAOK. The local business owners are extremely thankful for all those that help support their business and keep them afloat. After almost two very long years in a pandemic, it’s wonderful to see our residents head into our shopping district and celebrate a wonderful day together. My sincere and utter gratitude to Meridian Risk Management and Meridian Realty Consultants. Joe and their team are consistently looking for ways to partner with the Chamber to support our local business community. We look forward to many more great events this year!”